- Includes a series of six sessions recommended for students in middle school.
- Average time for each session is 45 minutes.
- Materials are packaged in a self-contained kit that includes detailed plans for the volunteer and materials for 32 students.
- Provides practical information about the following key topics: choices and self-knowledge, education and career options, budgeting, using credit, credit score, and financial risk.
- Session-specific, student-friendly materials included to increase student interaction and emphasize JA’s experiential approach to learning.
- Correlates well to state social studies, English, and math standards, as well as to the Common Core State Standards in English/language arts and mathematics.
Program Concepts and Skills
JA Economics for Success enhances students’ learning of the following concepts and skills:
Concepts—Budget, Credit, Credit card, Credit score, Co-pay insurance, Debit card, Decision making, Deductible, Goal setting, Gross income, Higher education, Interest, Interests, Needs and wants, Net income, Opportunity cost, Policy, Premium, Risk, Self-knowledge, Skills, Values, World of work
Skills—Analyzing information, Critical thinking, Inquiry and critical thinking skills, Interpreting data, Math calculations, Oral and written communication, Problem solving, Reading for understanding, Self-assessment, Working in groups and pairs presentation, Oral and written communication, Organizing information, Reading for understanding